Potty training...something we parents look forward to (no more diapers), yet dread from the moment we find out we're expecting! That day has arrived at our house. Hence, the sink is full of dirty dishes, and the floors full of yesterdays toys, and laundry piled up ready to be washed (right now he is taking a brief nap, instead of cleaning - I chose to blog!). Today, tomorrow, the next day, and the next day etc., mine and Jarins day consists if us sitting together and watching "Elmo Potty Time," and then he runs to the toilet, where we sit for a very long time with the water running, and reading books, and drinking juice. After at least an hour with no success, we finally pull up the big boy underwear, and then IT happens - somewhere other than on the toilet (within 5 minutes of leaving the toilet), then the whole process begins again. This is the earliest I have attempted this with any of my kids (out of laziness on my part), but I really wanted this to be done before the new baby comes. Which brings up another point...suppose this actually works right now - there is a possibility of him regressing once the baby is born. So what am I doing this NOW for, and not waiting until things are settled down at our house? I HAVE NO IDEA!! That's where I ask the question, "Am I crazy??"
3 comments:
Na, that's not crazy! The crazy part is getting pregnant and starting over with a brand new baby, while in your thirties! I would NEVER do that...no wait, I did! ha ha. That's all right, craziness loves company! kelli
LOL...Not at all!!! I guess you know I already think that but, hang in there! I think you will be glad you did it when it is done! Need an update though...how is it going? Any better? I hope!
YES! You are totally crazy. No, I'm just kidding. But, I think it would be hard to potty train with a new one on the way. My hat goes off to you. Good luck!
Post a Comment