Thursday, March 27, 2008

AAAWWW-SOME

This has been very typical of Jarin since Ira and I got home from our trip. He has clung to us like we are leaving again. It makes it very difficult to get very far, but we "patiently" let him deal with these insecurities however he needs to. It has been getting a lot better the last few days.

Who knew we would traumatize the poor kid in such a way! He must be sensing the changes that our family will be going through in the near future, and feeling like he is going to be replaced. Speaking of which, he doesn't seem to get it that we will be having a new baby join the family. How do I explain it to a 2 1/2 year old so he's not in total shock when July comes around?? Any ideas?




Our kids with their Easter baskets. It doesn't matter how old they get, Easter is a fun - new beginning (from the dreaded winter) for kids of all ages. Jarin was great fun this year. He kept thinking that Santa Claus brought him a basket with candy. Every new adventure for him (getting his basket, and looking for eggs, finding candy in some plastic eggs etc.), he would say...AAAWWWSOME, and laugh in this made up kind of grunt he's been doing. It's so much fun to watch them experience life with so much enthusiasm - we can all learn a little optimism from our children (at least I know I can!). Hopefully I can learn it from them before they pick up on my adult pessimism!

3 comments:

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

I always heard that bringing home a new baby is for your toddler like your husband bringing home and new wife. May take some getting used to...but as long as she cooks and cleans, its all good! kelli

Anderson Avenue said...

That is so funny Avree thought that Santa brought her basket too!

Maria said...

So I have an idea to help you break in Jaron. We have a little baby that you could borrow while we go on a vacation for a week. Jaron would never know the diffrence.

Whats that? Oh, don't mention it, we would be happy to make this sacrifice on your behalf!!

Jordan