Thursday, February 28, 2008

I've been tagged...what luck!!!????

I have been tagged, and as I've seen other people who have been tagged...I kept hoping that somehow I could avoid the whole mess. As luck would have it...or should I say...since my obnoxious sister :) tagged me, then I will play along!

I am supposed to write 6 interesting things about myself. Hmmmm....I guess this is where I should end my tagging blog! OK, OK...I will try to come up with something!

1. When I was in High School (16 yrs old), I was an exchange student to Germany. An exchange student came to live at our home for a time, then we switched placed, and I went to live with her. While I was there, I got to go across the Berlin Wall and spend some time in East Germany just 6 months before the wall came down. My friend and I tried to bring a Book of Mormon in, but they confiscated it before we went across - hey, maybe the soldiers who took it read it! Just a side note - the entire time I was there (5 weeks), my exchange students parents were on vacation - so it was just us two girls - much to my moms horror when she found out!

2. We have two 4-wheelers at our house. We often get the question from husbands "how did you talk your wife into letting you get those?" If truth be told, it was me who did the talking! Many times I have loaded up the machines and the trailer (without Ira), and taken the kids to the mountains. LOVE IT!

3. There was a time in our marriage that we didn't know if we would ever have the priviledge of being parents - now look at us...baby #4 is 1/2 way here! So never say never!

4. I used to be fairly fluent in American Sign Language. Time does change things, and now I just like to think that I know ASL. Someday I would like to pick that up again!

5. Ira lived in an igloo in Alaska for quite a while. OK..OK. I know this isn't about me, but Ira and I are one, right? Besides, this is a family blog! His grandparents built an igloo lodge in Alaska (no, it wasn't made out of snow and ice).

6. Brayden, Emilie and Jarin have been to Disneyland/world many times (OK, Jarin only twice - 1x when I was pregnant with him, and the other when he was a few months old - so I don't know that either one counts for him). GrEaTeSt place on earth!!! Jarin tells people that he is Donald Duck, he talks about Disneyland almost everyday. We have successfully brainwashed the youngest Crawford to love Disneyland also.

5 comments:

Maria said...

Hey... I actually knew most of those things! I think the only one I didn't know (but it doesn't surprise me) is the igloo.

Hope you guys are starting to feel better!

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

good job. why didn't you write about the time you went skinny dipping in the lake with all of your friends in the middle of February? ha ha...just kidding. You didn't really do that...did you???

Anderson Avenue said...

I love when people get tagged, it's fun to learn new things about people!! Those are some cool things I would have never known about you guys!

Amber Bradley said...

So fun! Loved it! I hope you are feeling better! I am hoping we see you at church tomorrow. We wanted to invite you to dinner and for a good game of hand and foot since the good old cabin was a flop.

Sarah said...

cute cute comments. What a woman to load up those 4-wheelers all by herself! I love 4-wheeling also, but I'm not so sure I could get the trailer hooked up and those machines loaded. You go girl!