Monday, August 30, 2010

MO Inspiring!



I have not blogged for a VERY long time - but today is a new day! when I get started on my catch up blogging - you'll see why I haven't been blogging till now. But instead of starting where I left off and catching up - I want to post about about this last weekend first. I, along with 5 of my family members, ran the Top of Utah half marathon. I wish I could tell you how much fun it was - but really?...it's not fun - just H.A.R.D!!! So why did we come back for more?...cuz it is totally INSPIRING to see all these people from all walks of life, including my own family - come and accomplish something that is so difficult to do. And to do this as a family is the icing on the cake (and in my opinion, the icing is the best part of the cake! - next to the sprinkles.)




My sweety brought our kids and came to support me at the finish line. They are the sprinkles on the top of the icing. So Ira took this picture when I saw them cheering me on. That's the only reason I have a smile on my face - cuz of my cute family being there at that point.




We got matching shirts for our run. We wanted to make sure our family could see us coming, and we could find each other. And yes...it worked! It was really hard to lose each other, even in a sea of over 2000 runners! Our families last name is Moser. so we took a part of our name (MO), and added whatever described us best. The results:





Shawn: MO Alive
Me: MO Determined
Kelli: MO Strong
Mandi: MO Mighty
Robin: MO Sassy
Brittany: MO Smokin


This is my running partner Shawn. We stuck with each other for the first 11 miles of the race. It was really helpful to have each other to work through the tough times. People thought we were a couple, since we matched and ran together. When we got separated, they started asking me, "Where's Mo Husband?" I laughed and said, "You mean Mo Brotha!" Our shirts were a source of conversation with other runners through the whole race. Thanks Shawn for the "good" time!


(this is my sister Kelli, bringing him across the finish line)



My "OLD"est sister ;) Robin. I can say that, cuz she beat almost all of us - so it's more of an inspiration that she is older than the rest of us and still leads the way - even in a race. She's even a grandma to 5! She is truly Inspiring to me.






My sister Kelli, who ran an amazing race. This was a first time for her, and she's got a smile at the finish line - what does that tell ya?





My niece Brittany - also her first race. She's also smiling. Way to go Britt!






My "sprinkles". I love them all, and it was so wonderful to have their support.





The only one I don't have a picture of was Mandi. She crossed the finish line, I think before any of the family was even there yet. She is who started this all for me. She is the one I came to cheer on last year at the Top of Utah, and knew that I wanted to be like her next year. Well...I am like her that I ran it. But I will never be like her that I run it so fast. She is also totally Inspiring...they all are. Every one of my family has had their set of trials that would have made it very easy to quit before they ever got to this point. But they didn't, and look at us now Baby!

So now that we've ran two halfs - doesn't that mean we've ran a full marathon?! ;)

10 comments:

tysonandmandimoser said...

That was totally awesome!!!! I LOVED IT and I LOVE all of you guys! You all inspire me so much. I can't think of a better group of people to do something like that with. On the way home my sister was telling me how lucky I am to have such amazing brother and sister inlaws (meaning all of your supportive spouses too). She is 100% right. It can't get any better than this!

Smullin Family said...

LOVE it!
Way to go Nicky and family. Love your shirts too. :)
Two halves DO make a whole.

Mark and Adrian said...

Great job Nicky!!!!! You are awesome!!!!!

Becky said...

Your shirts crack me up! Looks like you had fun. I was thinking of you that day & wishing I was there...

Amber Bradley said...

Great job! YOU are also inspiring!

Drapers said...

Way to go, that is so awesome :-)

Leonard Livin' said...

My son-in-law is running Blacksmith Fork on Saturday. Loved your sprinkles and those MO shirts-we just need 'MO missionaries' from your family. You are all inspiring to me. I can walk 26 miles, but my knee won't let me even run a mile anymore-so sad because it used to be fun to run around Whitney in the old days. ...U GO MO!

shaley said...

Nicky....just wanted you to know that you have....yes....inspired me. For my 40th birthday next year I have set a goal....I'm gonna do one!!! Yep...a big congratulations to you and thanks for inspiring me!! You truly are MO Inspiring!!!

Ann said...

Once again, GREAT job! You've defianetly MO inspired me. I'm just trying to decide between Moab and Odgen in the spring. Any thoughts? How was Ogden?
I love the names and matching shirts!

Calie said...

Nicky you are so inspiring. Way to go! I want to be just like you. It's hard for me to get motivated but I will get there. People like you make me want to be and do better. You are awesome!