Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mommy Dear...

I wish I could visit my mom today. I wish I could call her whenever I want. I wish I could give her a hug and tell her how much I love her. I wish I could eat her fabulous Mother's Day dinner she always makes for her daughters to make our Mothers Days special. I wish I could hear her laugh that always puts a smile on my face. I wish I could see her hold her grandchildren and give them kisses. I wish I could personally wish her a Happy Mothers Day. I wish I hadn't taken for granted all the times that these blessings were mine. I wish I could take back the times that I caused her grief. I wish I could be in her presence today.

I am grateful my mom is serving the Lord on a mission. I'm grateful for the example she is to me and to our kids. This has been a hard experience for her, to be away from her children and grandchildren for so long. I don't think there is any force on earth that would take her away from home - except for the Lord. That is one of the things that I love about her - her unfailing testimony of the gospel, and willingness to serve the Lord. I am grateful for the strong woman she is, and is teaching me to be, through her example. I am grateful for her wisdom, compassion, integrity strength, courage and love. I'm grateful I have learned these lessons now, so that next Mother's Day - when I CAN hug my mom, I won't take it for granted. If that opportunity for next year never came (which, of course it will) - I am grateful that she has taught me that she will be my mom for eternity.


My mom would probably be embarrassed thinking that I am saying all these wonderful things about her. She is a very humble lady, and doesn't like the spotlight. And in her mind, I'm sure she probably doesn't thinks she's "all that". But to me, she is all that, and more. She is the perfect mom for me, and the perfect grandma for my kids.

I love you, and everything about you mom.


HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

She has learned lots while serving in the South Pacific - she's learned to make thatched roofs out of leaves, and to do the "shaka-shaka" dance - just to name a few.

4 comments:

shaley said...

That is the sweetest tribute to your mother. You look so much like her, I think that every time I see her. I'm glad she is enjoying her mission, she will be home before you know it!!

Ann said...

I don't know what I'll do when mine and Kurt's parents go on their missions! That was a sweet tribute, it looks like a really neat mission!

Becky said...

What a sweet lady! It makes me cry...I miss my mommy too! Yet she is just making me SO proud. One of these days we might just get them back. It looks like your mom is settling in really well.

tysonandmandimoser said...

I second everything you said about that truly amazing mother of ours.