Thursday, March 18, 2010

Mom's "Play" time

It seems like I am always having the funniest conversations with Jarin. He's just a great kid. So here was our conversation yesterday...

Jarin: I don't like to do jobs

Me: Me neither, but we have to do them

Jarin: You do too like cleaning, all moms do

Me: We don't like to clean, but we have to so our homes look and feel nice

Jarin: When moms clean, that is your play time.

Me: (speechless)...then UNCONTROLLABLE LAUGHTER!!!!

So let me get this straight...when I tell my kids to get to work, they think that's my way of playing with them. Aaahhhh...I like this concept. I'm killing two birds with one stone - quality time with my kids, AND getting my house clean!

6 comments:

tysonandmandimoser said...

Isn't it frustrating that they think we enjoy doing all the crap that we gotta do?

Becky said...

that's what ya get for always having such a good attitude...work is play, play is work, it all runs together.

Sister Kaylie Victoria Crofts said...

Love it!!!

Drapers said...

I wish my kids thought of it as play time.

Leonard Livin' said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leonard Livin' said...

Ooops! Re-read my comment and had a spelling error. I'll try again...
'Til my girls had their own homes, they thought I loved cleaning or something sick like that. They now know I just needed 'order' in my life to function. Now my son-in-laws think I like it so they 'help' by leaving out cups and popcorn bowls when they are here---but I still love them. Way to go on the girl trip to SLC. She will love that memory forever! They are gone so quickly...