Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Birthday Presents

My conversation with Jarin last night went as follows:

Me: Do you know whose birthday we celebrate on Christmas?

Jarin: Jesus.

Me: What birthday present should we give him?

Jarin: Toys

Me: What would he do with toys?

Jarin: Give them to some children.

Me: What else should we give him?

Jarin: a screwdriver

Me: What would he do with that?

Jarin: Give them to a daddy

I think Jarin knows our Savior better than most adults. After all, he walked with him and talked with him just 4 1/2 short years ago.

I do believe that Jesus would give those prized possessions away to anyone in need. Afterall, He gave His very life for all of us.

I have been feeling an emptiness in my heart over this holiday season, just not being able to feel the true spirit of Christmas. That brief conversation finally lit that candle for me. Thank you, once again, for the sweet example of a child.

No comments: