Cache Valley from the west side (Oxford Peak)
I got some more pictures from family of Thanksgiving weekend. I still want to post them for journaling purposes. Some of the family went 4-wheeling the day after Thanksgiving to Oxford Peak (what a perfect Thanksgiving weekend - to have good enough weather to go 4-wheeling!) I had wanted to go so badly, but couldn't leave Kam that long. However, after looking at these pictures, it looks like they froze their booties! I'm not feeling so bad that I missed out anymore. :) While some went 4-wheeling, my sister, Kelli took the other kids on a hike on "little mountain" in Franklin, ID. All the pictures show our beautiful valley so well. I just love living in Cache Valley. I will never forget the year that we finally had the opportunity to find our way back to Cache Valley. That first hay cutting, I lay in bed with the window open, smelling the newly cut hay. It gave me such an adrenaline rush to smell that sweet smell (maybe it's not sweet, but how else do you describe the smell of fresh cut alfalfa?) I couldn't sleep, because I was so excited to be back in this wonderful valley that I love so much. That excitement hasn't left me yet, and I hope it never will (but I can sleep now - thank goodness!). There isn't a greater feeling to me than driving through Sardine Canyon, and rounding that corner that I can see the whole Valley laid out before me. I feel like I can relax more, and take a big breath of fresh farm air (when you don't live here, you really can smell the farm smell when you come into the valley! - Mmmm...Mmm). I also love how we can see the stars in Cache Valley, I mean REALLY see the stars. I had never realized that was a privilege that not everyone has. I didn't realize that the bigger cities just have too much light to be able to see the stars in the heavens, until I moved to those bigger cities, and I missed the stars. Now, I realize that many of you can see the stars from where you live, and you love your valley. BUT, can you see the bright stars, AND smell the sweet smell of alfalfa at the SAME time?? Cache Valley is an old, dear friend that has been part of many of my fondest memories.
I LOVE CACHE VALLEY!

Cousins, Myah & Jarin, looking over Cache Valley from Little Mountain in Franklin.
Myah, Emi, Zac, Tannon, Brayden, Nathan, Jarin


The 4-wheeling group - BRRRRR. (shiver)
Skyler & Tiana
My dad and brother, Tyson
My Daddy
My Sweety
4 comments:
They do look cold! Jordan is the same way about smelling farms - he loves it, though once in a while I can get him to agree that it is TOOO strong. To me is smells like Grandma's house (not when it is too strong of course - just the farm smell). Cache Valley is a beautiful place!
Sure...rub it in whey don't yu! I've never heard anyone say...aaahhhh, the sweet smell of Pocatello...
Kelly Aaahhh, the sweet smell of Pocatello. :) I love Cache Valley too. I miss it but I'm not missing the snow right now. It's nice in Texas.
Cache Valley just has something about it. It is such a wonderful place, and yes the best sight in the world is when you round that last corner in Sardine Canyon and see the whole valley and the Logan Temple in the distance. The thing I think I miss most are the mountians that surround the valley (or just mountians in general). Steph:)
Post a Comment