Sunday, May 18, 2008

FOR THE KIDS!

Ira had a continuing education seminar in SLC this weekend, so I decided to make a trip out of it for the kids, ("for the kids" is the key part of that sentence). I knew it would be a bit crazy for this pregnant mom to be trying to keep up with 3 kids alone, walking around the zoo in 90 degree temperatures. I mean, doesn't an elephant look the same on a TV screen (especially the big screen), from an air conditioned house, with my feet up eating an icecream sunday as it would look in real life? I think so...but as I said...for the kids! I called our friend Irene in SLC, and asked her if we could hang out at her house when we were done at the zoo, so that I could prop up my elephant -sized ankles (direct result of the days events) for a couple more hours while we waited for Ira to be done. Now that I'm home with a good nights sleep behind me, I am glad that I brought the kids. They used words like "awesome, fun, cool" etc. Isn't that really why we parents do some of the crazy things we do?...FOR THE KIDS!
This picture made me laugh. After I looked at it enlarged on the computer, I noticed the sign behind Braydens head. It says, "Please don't feed us," and you can't even see the giraffe in the background, just the kids and that sign. We really got a good laugh from that one.
Jarin was so amazed to see all these animals in real life, that he had only seen in books, or on TV before. His favorite was the "tall, tall giraffe".
Brayden and Jarin watching the giraffe.


3 comments:

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Heaven knows, the zoo is the LAST place on earth I would ever go if it weren't 'for the kids'. I mean, all those germs!!! I can just picture the amazement on Jarin's face, and that would make it all worth while! kelli

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

At this point, perhaps I need to wear a sign that says 'please don't feed me' because I'm already resembling the elephants. kelli

Maria said...

What a good mom you are! Your kids will remember and talk about their day at the Zoo for a long time!