Friday, May 23, 2008

Families Can Be Together Forever

Life can be so wonderful and so sad. This week I had the opportunity to witness both. My cousin, Amanda Lyons, (41 years old), passed away of cancer, leaving behind her husband and 3 small children, and a lot of loved ones who feel such heartache. I attended her funeral in Sandy, UT, and witnessed a young husband say goodbye to his wife for the last time, then wrap his arms around his young children as they also tearfully looked upon their mom for the last time on earth. That image will forever be etched in my memory.



On the other side of that, (within a brief time of Amandas passing), my brother and his wife brought their sweet, healthy baby boy into this world, bringing so much joy to their family. You can't help but to hold him and know that he just recently left the arms of God.

I am so grateful for the knowledge that not only will we see our loved ones again after this life, but that we can be a family unit again. Amanda's children will once again have the opportunity to be held in their mom's arms, and a husband and wife can be reunited. I couldn't help but to think that I am still with my family on earth, and they with me. Life is too short to not take every opportunity to appreciate that and express it to each other, because someday we will be seperated for a brief time (hopefully later than sooner) - but the seperation won't last forever!
I have a family here on earth,
They are so good to me.
I want to share my life with them
through all eternity.

Families can be together forever,
through Heavenly Fathers plan.
I always want to be with my own family,
and the Lord has shown me how I can.

2 comments:

Amber Bradley said...

Oh my heart goes out to you and all of your family. Especially to the young family she left behind. It does make it easier with the knowledge that we have but not easy! Wow... I guess I need to talk a little softer and hold my kids a little closer than I do. And not tomorrow.. or the next day, but today!

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

I'm glad you could go. I wish I could have been there too. It sure puts things into perspective, hu? kelli