Thursday, April 3, 2008

Take TIME To Smell The Flowers!



I am sitting here trying to record all of our old home movies from VHS to DVD, and what better place to start than with our wedding video? I watch us walking out of the temple looking really young, and really in love, and maybe a bit awkward. Since that day 14 1/2 years ago, we feel and look much older, we are much more comfortable as best friends, and we love each other more every day. I see my nieces and nephews surrounding us outside the temple, and many of them are married with children of their own now. Grandparents and others are no longer with us on earth.

It just got me to thinking that life flies by so fast! Sometimes I find myself wishing it would go just a little faster so I wouldn't have all the commotion of a house full of children, and all the struggles that go along with that. However, as I watch this video (now I'm at the point of Brayden as an infant), I realize just how precious every moment is. I hope that this will be a reminder for me to enjoy the commotion, because in the not so far off future, I'm sure it will seem TOO quiet, and I'll be wishing I could bring some of that commotion back!

3 comments:

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

good job. one more thing that i ought to be doing right now. uggghhh. kelli

Amber Bradley said...

Will you repost this everyday for the next 20 years. It motivates me now and then I will forget about it way before I should be! ;)

Amber Bradley said...

No updates yet? I am disappointed! JK I was going to write a comment about how pathetic I am that I just got home and I am sitting on here, but I just got your email so I guess we both are! JK Thanks for the pictures I am so exited! Hopefully I will be getting more. Send me them all, even the ones of your fam. I didn't even get my camera out. Lame, I know! You will see an update soon and I have forgiven' for the games but I wont forget just yet! ;) Hopefully many more fun times ahead, I am thinking this will have to be a geoza/cabin tradition a couple times a year! Let us know when you are ready for another fun weekend! We all had fun and I think the boys did a lot better than I thought! We had a blast! Thanks so much for coming!